Operation Homefront provides emergency financial and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors.


A local 501(c)3 non profit organization
Combined Federal Campaign # 23189

Operation Homefront-Florida Website

Friday, June 24, 2011

Congratulations Father's Day Photo Contest Winners!

This Father's Day, Operation Homefront-Florida accepted nominations of pictures to salute military dads.  We were overwhelmed by the truly beautiful pictures posted.  We received many comments that people were moved to tears as they read the captions.  It was incredibly difficult to choose 3 winners because each submission was so special.  Thank you to everyone who submitted and thank you to all of the military dads for all you do. 
The 2011 winners are 
(in no particular order):
A Salute to the Military Father
My husband is the greatest father to my step son. I couldn't ask for anything more! This photo was taken moments before he deployed for 8 months. He is telling my son to take care of me. :) He is an amazing father for many reasons, but before me he was a single father to his son and provided him with the best dad any little boy could ask for!
"A Salute to my Military Father" This picture was taken just a few months ago the night when husband left for his 3rd deployment. My 3 year old daughter did not want to let go. I am blown away each day at how strong my beautiful baby girl has been. Every night she prays to God to keep her daddy safe and thanks God for giving her such a special daddy. I know she misses him dearly but realizes even at such a young age how important what her daddy is doing and how sometimes she has to share him. I never thought I would say this but its through her I gain strength. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband and I couldn't have asked for a better father and role model for my child :)
A Salute to My Military Father, by Morgan Silvis age 8. My dad is special because when he is home he coaches my softball teams, volunteers at my school, and spends as much time with me as he can. He has to leave to go on deployment with the Navy but he calls and writes a lot so I can talk to him. This picture was taken of him and me when he was getting ready to leave. I got to watch him get on the plane and he signed " I Love You" a bunch of times. He reads to me on videos and always takes me to Build-A-Bear before he leaves to record a message in the bear to me. I cant wait until December when he gets home. He is the best daddy ever.


Operation Homefront-Florida will contact the 3 winners to arrange delivery/ presentation of Mizuno Prize packages. 

Operation Homefront-Florida would like to honor all nominated fathers with a special certificate.  If you submitted a picture and would like to receive the certificate please send your name, the nominee's name and rank, mailing address and email address to OHFL marketing intern, Reina Praxedes.

No comments: